Sunday, August 11, 2024

Favourite Shorter Reads from 10 Years of #WIT Month

2024 marks 10 years of WIT Month! I've been participating since its second year, so it's nine active years for me. To celebrate a full decade of promoting women in translation, I thought I would share a few of my own favourites discovered over the past ten years. 

Today I am sharing some of the shorter reads that I've most enjoyed, but just because they are short doesn't mean they don't have quite a punch to them! 

 

Wildlives / Monique Proulx
trans. from the French by David Homel & Fred A. Reid

Disoriental / Négar Djavadi
trans. from the French by Tina A. Kover


trans. from the Russian by Lisa C. Hayden


Daughter / Tamara Duda
trans. from the Ukrainian by Daisy Gibbons


Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead / Olga Tokarczuk
trans. from the Polish by Antonia Lloyd-Jones


Kitchen / Banana Yoshimoto
trans. from the Japanese by Megan Backus


Broken / Karin Fossum
trans. from the Norwegian by Charlotte Barslund


The Summer Book / Tove Jansson
trans. from the Swedish by Thomas Teal


The End of Days / Jenny Erpenbeck
trans. from the German by Susan Bernofsky


Fairy Ring / Martine Desjardins
trans. from the French by David Homel & Fred A. Reed


Episodic Memory / Liubov Holota 
trans. from the Ukrainian by Stephen Komarnyckyj




2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to see that you included "Three Apples" on your list! It was a joy to read and a joy to translate! Happy reading to you, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a joy! There was so much warmth in it. I really loved it, so glad you translated it into English so I could read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!