Friday, November 02, 2012

RIP VII: A Challenging Round Up

Well, it's now November. Already! Where does the time go, I ask myself, and hear everyone else around me asking. You know how in The Age of Miracles, the earth's rotations slow and days get longer.....well, it feels like THE OPPOSITE OF THAT right now!

I was reading for the RIP VII Challenge this year, which lasts 2 months but somehow felt like it lasted 2 weeks. In any case, I was able to meet my challenge to read 4 eerie, spooky, or speculative books. Of course, they bear no relation to the list I'd created at the beginning of the challenge! But they were good, overall -- except for one that I really didn't like and was really disturbed by, not in a  very good way. Here are the titles I actually finished:

1. Splendours & Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz
2. The New Moon's Arms by Nalo Hopkinson
3. Your House is on Fire, Your Children All Gone by Steven K  (this was the "icky" one)
4. Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt
5. The Cast Stone by Harold Johnson

It was a good, spooky fall of reading! And I had fun being a part of the Online Halloween Studio Tour -- showcasing my labyrinth themed fabric journal covers. The Tour has actually been extended for a week so you still have a brief time to click over and check it out!

Hope you all had a delightful Halloween and aren't suffering from too much of a sugar hangover, or feeling too sad about just being yourself again. As I mentioned on the other blog I write, for my journaling business, remember to embrace your inner pumpkin this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!