Sunday, August 18, 2024

Favourite Lighter Reads from 10 Years of #WIT Month

2024 marks 10 years of WIT Month! I've been participating since its second year, so it's nine active years for me. To celebrate a full decade of promoting women in translation, I thought I would share a few of my own favourites discovered over the past ten years. 

Today's picks are some lighter reads - they are entertaining reads, mysteries, speculative, magical reads. I enjoyed them all! 

Amatka / Karin Tidbeck
trans. from the Swedish by Karin Tidbeck


Three Bags Full / Leonie Swann
trans. from the German by Anthea Bell



Core of the Sun / Johanna Sinisalo
trans. from the Finnish by Lola Rogers 

Maresi / Maria Turtschaninoff
trans. from the Finnish by Annie Prime


Like Water for Chocolate / Laura Esquivel
trans. from the Spanish by Thomas Christensen and Carol Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!