Monday, August 02, 2021

Reading Piles for #WITMonth

 


August is such a fun month to make reading plans for! I love how it's become the time of year to really focus on books by women in translation. I end up adding more to my TBR than I get read during the month, but that's fine by me. 

I have lots to choose from this year -- I have a stack from the library, and I have a stack that I've pulled from my own shelves (only a selection; there are plenty more where these came from!) I'm planning on reading and reviewing as much as possible, while following along on twitter and Instagram to find out what other people are reading and loving. 

Here are the main stacks that I'm planning to pull from this year: 


These are a handful from my library which I've been intending to read for ages -- and a couple of brand new titles too!


These are books that have been on my shelves for a while; a few of them are even titles I started last year and am just now getting back to. My goal is to get this stack read, and anything else is a bonus. I'm especially pleased that I've got myself a copy of Oksana Zabuzhko's Your Ad Could Go Here. I'm always looking for more Ukrainian literature. 

Are you reading along this #WITMonth? Do you have any favourites to recommend?




2 comments:

  1. I read and admired The Queue a while back - a very singular book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! I really want to get to it soon.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!