I'm participating in my first ever Classics Club Spin. This is where you make a list of the next 20 classics you want to read, the Classics Club spins & comes up with a lucky number, which you will then read.
This month's Spin turned out to be #19. And this book should be read by Feb. 1, 2016.
I made a list of the first 20 titles on my Century of Books list that are still unread:
1. The Red House / Edith Nesbit
2. The Treasure / Selma Lagerlof
3. House of Mirth / Edith Wharton
4. The Story of Mary Maclane / Mary Maclane
5. Quiet Interior / E.B.C. Jones
6. The Garden Party / Katherine Mansfield
7. The Ladies of Lyndon / Margaret Kennedy
8. The Rector's Daughter / F.M. Mayor
9. Mother's Recompense / Edith Wharton
10. The Love Child / Edith Olivier
11. Year Before Last / Kay Boyle
12. The Friendly Young Ladies / Mary Renault
13. Winter Wheat / Mildred Walker
14. Gigi / Colette
15. The Pursuit of Love / Nancy Mitford
16. A Fine of Two Hundred Francs / Elsa Triolet
17. My Cousin Rachel / Daphne DuMaurier
18. The Echoing Grove / Rosamond Lehmann
19. The Orchid House / Phyllis Shand Allfrey
20. The Straight and Narrow Path / Honor Tracy
So it looks like I'll be reading Phyllis Shand Allfrey's The Orchid House, in my Virago edition.
How do I feel about this? I'm very interested in reading it, but I'm also a little nervous because I'm not sure what to expect or how to talk about it afterward! Guess I'll wait and see what I think as I read. This is quite a fun way to get to that reading on the list!