Sunday, October 10, 2010

Readathon Wrap-Up Post


I read until 3 am -- or the beginning of Hour 20, which was much more than I expected to do! It was a great first experience of the Readathon, I'm so glad I could join in this year. The Readathon organizers have created a finishing-up questionnaire, so here are my answers.


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

I think Hour 13 was tough- I needed to take a break and move around and talk a bit. Then I got right back into it, and read until Hour 20, when I was just too pooped to go on.


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Can't come up with a title; but I'd definitely have a couple of quick reads for next year.


3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Um, not really. Seems to work just fine.


4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

It was really organized considering how many participants there were. I liked the hourly update posts at the Readathon blog; they were fun to read and useful to keep track of things.


5. How many books did you read?

Finished 4 and have a few more still in progess.


6. What were the names of the books you read?

Ray Bradbury's October Country, Theresa Kishkan's Phantom Limb, Jonathan Coe's The Rain Before It Falls and Penelope Lively's City of the Mind all finished.

Still have Anne of Green Gables, Woman in White, The Slayer of Souls and Watership Down in progress, and I intend to keep at them -- they were all so enjoyable.


7. Which book did you enjoy most?

I think that Ray Bradbury's short stories were the most strictly entertaining; they were good to read in between other books, and kept my interest.


8. Which did you enjoy least?

There were a couple of books on my pile that I picked up but after a few pages I realized I wasn't interested, so I just chose the next title.


9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I was only a Reader this year


10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I would love to participate again, schedules willing. Next time I might Read and Cheer, both.

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time during the read-a-thon too. Congrats on your success. See ya next time?

    Read-A-Thon Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations-- great reading! I like your mix of books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!