Sunday, August 31, 2008

All about Challenges

Thinking about my choices for the RIP challenge made me also think about how many Challenges I have underway and half done at present. This is a round-up post for me, to remind myself of everything I must read in the last quarter of this year! To recap:


Russian Reading Challenge
have read:

Death and the Penguin / Andrey Kurkov
The State Counsellor / Boris Akunin
Spirit of the Times / Olena Pchilka & Nataliya Kobrynska

must read:
1 more


Short Story Challenge
have read:

Blackouts / Craig Boyko
Spirit of the Times / Olena Pchilka & Nataliya Kobrynska
The Gipsy's Baby / Rosamond Lehmann

must read:
7 more collections of short stories


Science Book Challenge

have read:

Miss Leavitt's Stars / George Johnson

must read:

2 more

Chunkster Challenge

have read: 0!
must read: 4


Annie's What's in a Name Challenge
have read:
Blackouts / Craig Boyko (colour in title)
Death and the Penguin / Andrey Kurkov (animal in title)
The Solitude of Thomas Cave / Georgina Harding (personal name in title)
The House in Paris / Elizabeth Bowen (place in title)
Sunlight on a broken column / Attia Hossain (weather event in title)
The Seduction of the Crimson Rose / Lauren Willig (plant in title)

must read:
Hey, I'm done! Yay!


And now my newer Challenges, the Canadian Book Challenge (have read 2 of 13 so far) and the RIP III (just beginning).

Think that's it. Whew!

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't started the Chunkster Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So of all these great books, which have been your favorite so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know reading isn't a competitive event, but you're doing so much better than me for the Short Story and Russian challenge.

    Good luck completing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duck Thief - yes, aren't we going to have fun reading 4 chunksters in the next 4 months? ;)

    Dark Orpheus - well, I'm not moving to a new country and packing up all my books; makes things easier! Plus I've read 2 short and fun new Russian books, but have barely touched War & Peace!

    Verbivore - actually, I've liked all of these so far. I'd say that The Solitude of Thomas Cave and Death & the Penguin were quite memorable, for different reasons, but really they have all been good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need one more for the Russian reading challenge as well. I've been wanting something newer, so I'm noting your choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!