Thursday, May 18, 2006

Reading Obsession

I am always reading; at breakfast, at work, after dinner, before bed... I've even had a dream that was subtitled.
I've been reading since I was three, and it's what I do. Why do I read so much? Well, for information -- as Canadian writer Diane Schoemperlen said "For those of us with a bookish bent, reading is a reflexive response to everything. Ths is how we deal with the world and anything new that comes our way. We have always known that there is a book for every occasion and every obsession."
I also read to get a glimpse at the world through someone else's eyes. Each new viewpoint is like a coloured scrap in life's kaleidoscope, adding complexity to the patterns that are always shifting. Reading other blogs is a great way to see new unmediated viewpoints -- thanks to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!