Friday, May 26, 2006

Morning person?

I was thinking of labels we give one another this morning as I stumbled into work. As my coworker cheerily greeted me, I realized in a flash of genius...some of us are morning people and some of us are not. I would have to say that I am not exactly a morning person. If I have to function well before 11 am it's always a bit dicey.
So that I am not simply defending myself, read the scientific facts on sleep habits at this great blog. Then read another very amusing blog which explains it all so much more eloquently than I ever could.
My husband and I are both night owls, thank goodness. I was traumatized enough in this life by my "lark" of a mother who would try to sing me out of bed for school. Sorry, Mom, but it's going to take a lot to make that up to me!

1 comment:

  1. Melanie: thanks for the lovely compliment about my piece on morning people; I am so happy to hear that you're both people like us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!