Friday, December 29, 2023

Challenges Past & Challenges Ahead

Last year I participated in a few yearlong reading projects, many of which are long term ongoing ones. I'm still going on with most of them for 2024. I tried to rejoin the TBR pile challenge in 2023 but didn't get too far with that one! I'm not joining any new challenges in the new year, but will just try to keep up with the current ones. 


Canadian Book Challenge 

It's the 17th year of the challenge & of my reading along. The goal is to read and review 13 Canadian books from July 1 - July 1. I've only reviewed 2 so far! 


Century of Books

This challenge was first begun by Simon at Stuck in a Book; as I finish it every few years I just start it up again on my own. I began a new Century in 2023 & hope to finish it in 2024! 


Women in Translation 

This is more a readalong/celebration than a challenge, but I love to focus on #WIT during August especially, and will continue to join to fun in 2024. 


TBR Challenge update

I signed up to the 10th year of the TBR Challenge hosted by Adam of Roof Beam Reader -- but didn't get very far. Of the 12 books on the list, I only read and reviewed 2! I did finish another one but haven't reviewed it yet. Sheesh! New books seem to move to the top of the pile...


Literary Sewing Circle

And finally there's my own challenge, of sorts, the Literary Sewing Circle. This is a readalong I host on my sewing blog, Following the Thread, twice a year. We read a book together and then sew something inspired by our reading. We read a couple of fabulous Canadian books together in 2023, and have two more to explore in 2024. All welcome to join in!



I hope that 2024 brings you both new reading adventures and all the literary challenges you could wish for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!