Tuesday, August 31, 2021

#WITMonth Roundup

 



And that's a wrap for this year's Women in Translation Month! I really enjoyed my reading this month, and have found another batch to add to my TBR thanks to reviews and publisher's highlights as well (many of those shared on Translation Thursday posts).

I read from a few different languages and styles -- the most unusual language this year was Esperanto, while the most common was either Canadian French or Japanese. I love reading all these different books and seeing reviews out there highlighting things I might have missed in my reading of a book. 

Women in translation matter all year round, of course, and it's important to keep reading them. I have a few titles that I've finished and will post my reviews shortly, carrying this over into September. And do take a look at the Women in Translation website, to find out more about this project, why it's done and why it matters, and what you can do to both read along and encourage more books by women to be translated. 

I still have a large number of translations on my shelves to read, and I realized that I hadn't read any Italian books this year. So I made a reading stack of translations that I'm going to try to focus on to the end of the year. I do have quite a lot of Italian reading waiting! 

Of course there are many other great titles which are tempting me and may make me stray away from Italy now and again. But I'm sure I'll get to them all, eventually.

What was my favourite book of this month's reading? It's hard to say, since I read a variety from short stories to speculative fiction to historicals. I did find some great reads though, and plan to continue exploring all this year, right up until next August, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!