Thursday, August 06, 2020

Translation Thursday




It's Translation Thursday! Each Thursday this month I'm going to share the translation I'm currently reading plus a few more on my reading list. Here's today's list:


Currently Reading:


Desire for Chocolate / Care Santos;
trans. from the Catalan  by Julie Wark
Richmond UK: Alma Books, 2015
340 p.


To Read:
Garden by the Sea / Merce Rodoreda
trans. from Catalan by Martha Tennent & Maruxo Relano
Rochester, NY: Open Letter, 2020, c1967.
203 p.

A Short Cut to Paradise / Teresa Solana
trans. from Catalan by Peter Bush
London, UK: Bitter Lemon, 2011.
310 p.

Four by Four / Sara Mesa
trans. from Spanish by Katie Whittemore
Open Letter, 2020, c2012.
241 p.


4 comments:

  1. "Desire for Chocolate" intrigues me, and I'll look forward to hearing more about that one when you're done with it. By coincidence, I have a close Catalan friend (and her American husband), and I lived a few years in Richmond, England. So, the cover just jumped out at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting!! I'm quite enjoying it now, after a bit of a slow start.

      Delete
  2. Desire for Chocolate intrigues me as well and I'd like to learn more about this novel. I hope you're enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mostly 🙂 I will be sharing my thoughts soon.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!