Friday, August 02, 2019

Women in Translation Read since last August!



I have been trying to keep reading works by women in translation all through the year, not just in August. Although August is like the smorgasbord of books for this theme! It fills my plate for the next year and more. 

Since August of 2018, I've read a few works in translation -- not as many as I'd planned but still quite a few. The numbers are higher this year than last due to my read through of the entire Moomin series by Tove Jansson. How did I not discover this when I was young? Oh well, I've caught up now! 

Here are the titles I've read since last Women in Translation Month.


Quebec French:

Children of My Heart / Gabrielle Roy
The Road Past Altamont / Gabrielle Roy

Swedish:

The Sculptor's Daughter / Tove Jansson

The Moomins & the Great Flood / Tove Jansson
Comet in Moominland / Tove Jansson
Finn Family Moomintroll / Tove Jansson
The Memoirs of Moominpapa / Tove Jansson
Moominsummer Madness / Tove Jansson
Moominland Midwinter / Tove Jansson
Tales from Moominvalley / Tove Jansson
Moominpapa at Sea / Tove Jansson
Moominvalley in November / Tove Jansson


German:

The End of Days / Jenny Erpenbeck


Finnish:

Norma / Sofi Oksanen


Polish:

Flights / Olga Tokarczuk


Japanese:

Convenience Store Woman / Sayaka Murata 


Norwegian:


Jenny / Sigrid Undset 


There were some excellent reads in there, so if you're interested in learning more, check out my original reviews. Many of the titles I've added to my TBR have come from other people's reviews, and a couple of the ones listed here I found because of last August's reading! Enjoy this month of reading women in translation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!