Wednesday, September 05, 2018

RIP Challenge XIII




It's the Thirteenth Year for the RIP (Readers Imbibing Peril) Challenge! (running Sept 1 - Oct 31) How can you not want to join a spooky challenge in its 13th year? Well, I must once again join in. I've done this challenge a number of times, since as founder Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings has said, fall is the best time for spooky reading.

This year's organizers have a blog dedicated to the challenge. What are the rules? Well, it's pretty easy!

The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge is to enjoy books that could be classified as:

Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

The emphasis is never on the word challenge, instead it is about coming together as a community and embracing the autumnal mood, whether the weather is cooperative where you live or not.
The goals are simple. 

1. Have fun reading.

2. Share that fun with others.

As we do each and every year, there are multiple levels of participation (Perils) that allow you to be a part of R.I.P. XII without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives. There is even a one book only option for those who feel that this sort of reading is not their cup of tea (or who have many other commitments) but want to participate all the same.

Multiple perils await you. You can participate in just one, or participate in them all.

I'm choosing Peril the Second: read two books that fit within these parameters & review them before October 31! I am hoping to slide up to Peril the First and get  four books read but knowing myself I'm just aiming for two :)

While lists are not required for this challenge, I have a few titles on my tbr that would fit. My tentative list is:



Hopefully I can get through some of these great reads in the next month & a half or so :)

Updated --

READ:

The Saturday Night Ghost Club by Craig Davidson

The Death of Mrs Westaway by Ruth Ware 

Trickster Drift / Eden Robinson 

Mrs Caliban / Rachel Ingalls

Mrs Westerby Changes Course / Elizabeth Cadell 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!