Thursday, September 01, 2016

Fall is here... because RIPXI is beginning!

This is what I love about the book blogging world...so many enthusiasms! One reading month ends, another begins. And what a challenge this one is.



The RIP Challenge is a great one - so easy to follow along with. I've been reading along for a few years now, as the challenge matches perfectly with the feeling at this time of year; the end of summer, the beginning of perhaps cooler days, fall sweeping through, and by the end of the Sept 1 - Oct 31 of this challenge, definitely the sense of spooks and darker nights.

So I'll be reading along again this year, as Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings leads the 11th Round of his RIP Challenge. I hope you'll consider joining in too!

The parameters are simple:

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI takes place from September 1st, 2016 through October 31st, 2016.
There are only two expectations if you want to participate with us:

1. Have fun reading (and watching*).
2. Share that fun with others.

There are multiple levels of participation so that you can imbibe as much, or as little, as you desire/as time permits, and still consider yourselves a part of this community event.
What are RIP books? Simply, anything considered as:

Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Gothic
Horror
Dark Fantasy



The level that I'm choosing to sign up at is Peril the First: read four books from any of the above categories. And then share them at the RIP Review Site.

While lists and pre-made choices are not required, here are a few that I hope to get to this RIP round.

Running on Fumes / Christian Guay-Poliquin
Confessions / Kanae Minato
Motion of Puppets / Keith Donohue (because what's RIP without creepy puppets?)
The Alchemist & the Angel / Joanne Owen


And I'm sure I'll come up with many more...I'm always open to suggestions too.

Welcome Fall, and welcome RIPXI


16 comments:

  1. I actually saw that Keith Donohue one for the first time today. It looks creepy! Puppets!! Have a great RIP season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave creepy puppets read is one I discovered a few years ago during RIP -- Puppet Master by Joanne Owen -- it is wonderful.

      Delete
  2. This is probably my favorite reading challenge to participate in each year because it's so easy...I already read these kinds of books all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the year and the books go together so beautifully...it seems natural to read more of these books now

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite reading event of the year. I get excited just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a low-pressure and always enjoyable reading event!

      Delete
  4. 'Tis the season for RIP XI! The new event buttons are terror-ific!
    This is a great reading challenge. I'm not familiar with your reading choices, but best of luck with Peril the First.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those images gorgeous? I love to see what everyone reads for this challenge -- such a huge variety of selections.

      Delete
  5. I was hoping to get Motion of Puppets as an audio but must not be being released as one. I am disappointed. Hope you get some great reading done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. darn! maybe it'll be released in audio later on. I'm hoping it meets my creepy puppet factor. Also it is set in Quebec so that should be interesting.

      Delete
  6. Oh yes, creepy puppets are perilous indeed! I had to go right away to that link and see what it was all about. Sounds interesting.

    I hope you enjoy the event this year. You are so right, the book community does make for a wonderful year with so many exciting things around every corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're hosting RIP again this year; it's the challenge I most associate with fall ;) Should be fun, as usual!

      Delete
  7. Great to see you joining. I love this challenge too and am going to be putting together my list soon. Hope you enjoy your spooky reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love this challenge too. Will look forward to your list for new ideas!

      Delete
  8. Puppets? Yikes! I think that would scare the pants off me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!