Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Day One: 30 Days of Creativity Challenge

For my first day, I wanted to ease into things...to create something small that I'd never tried before. Inspired by the covers of two books I read recently --

and this one:I took out this book from my library:


And I ended up with this:

The red ones are from a pattern in this book. The others are a pattern I found online -- from someone who was at a Wayson Choy reading at which he folded butterflies in return for questions. She was nice enough to post the pattern instructions (very easy, just my style). Origami has always kind of baffled me -- even though all the seven year olds in the library are experts. So I am pleased I finally made something that looks like the thing it is supposed to be! (I added paperclip antennae to the yellow & white butterfly and quite like them...)
They seem quite at home with the gnome in the front porch ;)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this book. I'll definitely see if our library carries it. I'm not adept at all at origami but I do enjoy paper crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JennyPenny - I am SO not adept at origami! :) This is a good book -- lots of illustration & great techniques to follow. Hope you'll find it and have some paper crafting fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!