Sunday, October 10, 2010

Readathon: Hour 17 Update

Hey, it's the beginning of Hour 17! Commonly known as midnight around here. I haven't updated in a few hours: I took an hour off between 8 and 9 and it got me motivated again (and gave my poor eyes a rest). I'd like to start with a nice big THANK YOU to those of you cheering all the readers along. Now is when it really helps ;) In honour of all the determined cheerleaders, I'd like to share a picture of one of my favourite typos (the model is my sister) In case you can't read it, the label says "cheery cheesecake", just what we all need about now, don't you think?

I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep reading -- another hour or two should be easy and we'll see how I feel after that. I've had so much fun today, so far. Here is my current update.

Title of book(s) read since last update:
Really enjoying my Anne of Green Gables reread. Also read a bit of Watership Down and Penelope Lively's City of the Mind.

Number of books read since you started:
Finished 3; have 5 in progress

Pages read since last update:
136 p.

Running total of pages read since you started:
959 p.

Amount of time spent reading since last update:
2 h., 30 min.

Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!)
10h. 35 min.

Observations:

I'm actually feeling kind of tired now. Not in a have-to-sleep way, but in a think-I'm-getting-too-old-for-all-nighters way. I'll try to finish another book before I pack it in, though. Next update before then...

4 comments:

  1. 959 pages?? Great job! You definitely deserve some cheery cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the late hour
    Make you dour,
    Just get up and stretch--
    You'll feel the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A desert ::cough:: showcase with some cheery cheesecake...sweet! Just one more book? I bet it's a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Wow! Happy continued reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!