Saturday, October 09, 2010

Readathon: Hour 10 Update


Wow, how is it possible that it's Hour 10 already? Just spent 3 hours reading in the sun on the porch, how heavenly. Here is my latest update.

Title of book(s) read since last update:
Ray Bradbury's October Country, Theresa Kishkan's Phantom Limb, Jonathan Coe's The Rain Before it Falls

Number of books read since you started:
Parts of 3; plus finished 2 (Phantom Limb and The Rain Before it Falls)

Pages read since last update:
318 p.

Running total of pages read since you started:
626 p.

Amount of time spent reading since last update:
3 h.

Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!)
6h. 05 min.

Observations:
It's really nice to change up the location of your reading. Makes it seem much less of a "block" of time. Lucky me, it is gorgeous out today so I've spent a fair amount of time in the sun.

Also, short stories are really good for pacing yourself between longer stretches of novel reading. I'm still working my way through Ray Bradbury; should finish it in this next block of time. Fortunately I have many short story collections if I need another. It's also nice to finish something!

At Readathon Central, Danielle's posted a song to keep us all going. Here is a song I'd say represents good advice for readathon day: stay home and sit around!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!