Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ray Bradbury!



Today is Ray Bradbury's 90th birthday, and I hope he enjoys himself thoroughly in view of all the enjoyment he's given others for years and years. He has an inimitable style which I absolutely love, and his stories are true modern classics.

Celebrate the day with a reading of one of your own favourites -- they are brief, it won't take long -- I am about to reread "All Summer in a Day", "The Pedestrian", and "There Will Come Small Rains", just a few of my favourites. Maybe I will also sink into Something Wicked This Way Comes. Or perhaps take another look at The Martian Chronicles. Maybe even reread Fahrenheit 451. Oh, it's an embarrassment of riches when you're talking Ray Bradbury.

Happy Birthday to a wonderful writer and a man who is always himself.

Some videos to watch as well:



















4 comments:

  1. Oh, I WILL celebrate! "He has an inimitable style which I absolutely love, and his stories are true modern classics." I agree completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ray Bradbury! I read piles and piles of his work in middle and high school. I think it's high time I picked up his work again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie & Emily - isn't he wonderful? I've never forgotten All Summer in a Day though I read it in grade 7!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melwyk, That was the first story I ever read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!