Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Poetry Titles Poem

Over at So Many Books, Stefanie put together a lovely poem created from the titles of various poetry books she owns. It was such a neat idea, with such interesting results that I thought I'd give it a try for myself in this Poetry Month. Here is my attempt:



In case you can't read all the titles here it is in my poetic interpretation:

What the Living won't let go

Unsettled
Living in the open
The Secret signature of things
Could be
Taking Shape
Hard light
Hooked
A Saving Grace:
Something permanent


(Authors)
Lorna Crozier
Zach Wells
Marge Piercy
Eve Joseph
Heather Cadsby
Edward Carson
Michael Crummey
Carolyn Smart
Lorna Crozier
Cynthia Rylant

8 comments:

  1. That's lovely! I did a few poems or stories with book titles a while back, it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! A beautiful poem you've created here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that actually turned out really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeane - it is fun, makes you look at your book spines in a different way!

    Andi - glad you enjoyed it! I had fun though it took quite a while to organize

    Emily Jane - I was pleased with how it turned out! It actually sort of sounds like poetry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I've read a few of those "titled lines"; still need to get to Hard Light though ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent poem! I like that you used one of the book titles as the poem title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this idea and will have to take a look at my shelves. I can't write a poem in the usual way, but I could probably write one using this method! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanda - I've read half of them, I still have to read Hard Light & a couple of the Brick Books titles - a nice treat for Poetry Month!

    Stefanie - thanks for the idea, I found that by splitting it into a title and adding punctuation it sounded quite poem-like

    Dorothy - I'm sure you could come up with an interesting one; it is intriguing to see part of everyone's poetry collections this way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!