Now that the month of November is over, meaning that NaNoWriMo is over, I have a lot of blogging to catch up on! I was so busy writing for NaNo that I did neglect this poor blog somewhat. But on the positive side, I have many reviews to post over the next couple of weeks!
I thought I'd ease back into things by participating in this week's Weekly Geeks assignment. This is a carry-over from last week, a request to post your favourite books so far this year, out of those which were published in 2009. I have my yearly roundup to post in a few weeks, which will cover all my reading this year, but for now I thought I would share a list of 10 great books I've read in 2009 which were also published in 2009.
1. Broken / Karin Fossum (mystery/literary)
2. Come, Thou Tortoise / Jessica Grant (literary fiction)
3. Family Album / Penelope Lively (literary fiction)
4. The Incident Report / Martha Baillie (literary fiction)
5. The Good Mayor / Andrew Nicoll (literary fiction)
6. The Children's Book / A.S. Byatt (literary fiction)
7. The Sweetness at the bottom of the pie / Alan Bradley (mystery)
8. The Earth hums in B flat / Mari Strachan (literary fiction)
9. In Bed with the word / Daniel Coleman (non-fiction; literary discussions, spirituality)
10. Where our Food comes from / Gary Paul Nabhan (non-fiction; food issues, sustainable agriculture)