Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sad news for this Canadian librarian

I have now confirmed the sad news that Book Expo Canada is no longer in existence.

I've gone to BEC the past 3 years and have really loved it; I found authors there that I would not have otherwise, like Kate Story, and Barbara Murray. I enjoyed meeting new authors and connecting with old friends in the publishing world. I will really miss it!

Here's my account of 2008 (meeting Paul Gross among other things!)
And 2007 (getting a copy of Frances Itani's Remembering the Bones was a highlight).

1 comment:

  1. I remember in 2007 it was the same weekend as we did the book blogger meetup and I was very jealous of those of you who were attending. I'm sad it ended before I ever figured out how to get to one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!