Saturday, January 24, 2009

Premio Dardos award


I haven't received one of these blog awards in a while now, so thank you, Save Ophelia! It's the Premio Dardos award:

The Premio Dardos Award aims to acknowledge the values that every blogger shows in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.



By the rules, I am supposed to choose 15 blogs to pass this on to. But, while I do appreciate being recommended like this-- I have decided that I am uncomfortable picking a finite number of favourites -- I rather feel like I am picking teams in middle school and someone will be unintentionally left out and get their feelings hurt. So, I won't be selecting any names for awards and memes anymore: I keep my favourites in my blogroll which I am always adding to, and which can be perused for many, many suggestions as to fabulous blog reading. I appreciate the honour, and hope you will all realize that I pass on all honours to all of you, my wonderful bloggy associates.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I've been given this and other awards/tags by a few people now and I always back out of doing them myself for the same reasons you gave. On the other hand, I always feel ungrateful when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John - I know, I was struggling against the feeling of ingratitude, even rudeness, before writing this post. However, the discomfort I was feeling about singling out 'favourites' was stronger, thus my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar qualm about these awards and selecting my favorites...perhaps I too will adopt your policy...it will keep me out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!