Friday, November 14, 2008

Local Authors!


One of the really lovely things about working in a library is meeting the patrons. Today I met a very interesting patron, one who all you readers may be interested in hearing about!

She's a Stratford woman who is having her first middle grade fiction published in 2009 by HarperCollins. She tells us is about fairies, and if you're intrigued by this you peruse her books at R.J. Anderson.

She also told us she belongs to a group of new YA authors being published in 2009. If you want to hear some pre-pub author talk (and see some gorgeous new covers to make you drool) check their blog. I have already found some great new books to put on the want-list!
**Update: Thanks to Cat, who pointed out that there is both a different cover AND a different title to this book in it's US and Canadian incarnation. This is the North American version. Which do you prefer?

8 comments:

  1. you do have an in at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting local authors or any author and knowing what was about to be released is one thing I miss incredibly about working at the bookstore. You don't get that kind of exposure when you're just a secretary to a Dean. ;)

    This book looks very interesting to me (faeries? me? How shocking, I am sure! ;)) so thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I'm all over this! That is a GREAT cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know, this confused me because I couldn't find it on Amazon, which isn't all that abnormal since it's not out yet, but it's got a different title and cover in Canada! Boo! I like this one! Faery Rebels is what it's called!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Cat. I went over to her blog again and saw the US/Can cover. I actually prefer the UK one! But now that I know there are 2 covers and 2 titles, I had better be clear about it... !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The things you find on an ego-surf! I'm delighted to discover this blog and will certainly add it to my list (and not just because you said nice things about meeting me, either!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. RJ - I am so glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to read your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I gave an ARC to Sally while I was at the library, so you can always borrow it from her... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!