Thursday, June 14, 2007

Challenged and Overbooked

Alas, I must admit that I am not going to meet the requirements I so optimistically set myself way back in January for the Chunkster Challenge. Sigh. 6 books over 600 pages in 6 months, what was I thinking? I should have been warned off by the confluence of sixes...
I still have just under half of Kristen Lavransdattar to go, plus the entire Sir Charles Grandison. I do not think I can read more than 1000 pages in two weeks. You never know, but I'm betting against it. I still intend to finish both by the end of 2007,as I am actually quite enjoying Kristen, and Sir Charles is an epistolary novel, which I do love reading. But I know with all the new books I've just come home with, these two are not going to be finished in time. Still, I've been spurred forward by this Challenge and have finally read some of the books on my TBR; though of course looking through other people's lists has just refilled those few blanks on the TBR!

1 comment:

  1. It was actually fairly easy for me to skip the Chunkster Challenge because I was keenly aware that books over 500 pages are burdensome during daily commutes...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!