Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Reading, eating, sleeping

Since last month's poetry extravaganza, I've been recuperating by reading endless long and complicated novels for the last week or so. Really, I've been reading, with everything else (eating, sleeping, working) fitting in grudgingly. So far I've attacked my Chunkster book Armadale (I'm 3/4 done, and it is so good!), I've started Barbara Kingsolver's nonfiction Animal, Vegetable, Miracle which is also wonderful (so much so that I'm boring my husband with sentences beginning, "In the book she says..."), I'm reading two polar-themed books, and I have varied other library choices to start on. Mmm, mmm, reading gluttony. I've also finished the first of the small books recommended to our Prime Minister by Yann Martel; a review will follow shortly. Plus, of course, I've had to keep up on what all of you are saying!
My week long blog hiatus will be broken when I come up for air, and balance all this reading with a bit of writing.

1 comment:

  1. I have Armadale waiting for me in my TBR pile. I'm glad to hear that you think it's good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!