Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kobzar Award goes to Janice Kulyk Keefer


The Kobzar Literary Award is a huge, $25,000 biennial award which "recognizes outstanding contributions to Canadian literary arts through the author's presentation of a Ukrainian Canadian theme with literary merit." How did I miss this year's announcement? I watch for these things! But thanks to The Savvy Reader, I see that a book I really enjoyed recently, The Ladies Lending Library by Janice Kulyk Keefer, has won this year's award.

Congratulations to Janice Kulyk Keefer! She had some tough competition, but this possibility did cross my mind when I read this novel last year. It's a great summer read, for this upcoming summer or for right now when we just wish it was already summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!