Saturday, August 31, 2024

#WITMonth 2024 Wrap Up

 


And that's a wrap for this year's Women in Translation Month! I really enjoyed reading and sharing so many great titles this year. I also found another batch of titles to add to my TBR thanks to reviews and publisher's highlights as well, as usual. I think I add as many new titles to my list as the ones I've finished reading and reviewing. 

The most common language I read from this year was Ukrainian. I love making discoveries but also finding reviews of books I've read myself, to get other readers' perspectives on them. 

Women in translation matter all year round, of course, and it's important to keep reading them. I have a few titles that I've finished and will post my reviews shortly, carrying this over into September. And do take a look at the Women in Translation website, to find out more about this project, why it's done and why it matters, and what you can do to both read along and encourage more books by women to be translated. 

So how did I do with my plans this year? About half and half! These are the books that were on my original stacks that I'd like to get to in the next few months. 


I have lots lined up as to-read in my Translation Thursday posts this month. And there are many intriguing new titles I discovered from other readers that I would really like to read soon! It's never a problem to find new titles to read. 

Did you find a new favourite this month?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ I always enjoy hearing your comments so please feel free to leave some!